Thursday 17 May 2012

So, fiction isn't good for us, after all?

I love a balanced view, even when it totally contradicts everything I believe in.  Russell Smith is always smart and funny, so I can't resist sharing this:  http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/arts/russell-smith/reading-boosts-empathy-but-sympathy-for-the-devil-too/article2434756/

I see his point.  I do recall leaving the movie Clockwork Orange, and seeing a young man who was also leaving the theatre--  he momentarily flashed that look that the sociopath protagonist flashed before he was about to perform yet another despicable act.  Eyebrow cocked and all... Yikes...

Meanwhile, I keep reviewing advance copies that haven't been published yet, and I'm waiting till their release dates to post my findings.  Maybe I should go pick up that 'hold' at the library so I can update this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment